View Single Post
      04-22-2020, 10:39 PM   #40
Poffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
I went from an E90 M3 to M2C, they are quite different cars. The M2 chassis is definitely the star of the show, both the rigidity and the hyper quick response from the diff. The M2 center of rotation feels like its around the driver, whereas the E90 feels like it rotates behind the driver. The steering on the M2C doesn't feel as natural as the M3, but its very quick and accurate. I much prefer the thinner wheel of the M2C, the e90 steering wheel was a touch too thick.

The E90 felt more premium, but I think in part its because they removed too much sound deadening from the M2/M2C which makes it feel cheaper. If they had left some of the rear sound deadening in to reduce tire roar it would help a lot. The reduced noise floor would help the poor stock sound system (I upgraded to Bavsound stage 1, big improvement makes the system actually listenable).

A stock e90 M3 feel's more like a GT car, needs mods (exhaust, suspension) to really make it come together. The M2 is much more focused out of the box, once the equal length exhausts hit the market soon that will solve the sound problem for us M2C owners. Both fantastic bits of kit though, if my budget was $30-35k I wouldn't hesitiate to buy an E9x M3.
You can add the sound deadening for m240i on the LCI M2's. Not sure about the M2C.
Appreciate 0