View Single Post
      12-06-2021, 04:00 AM   #792
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
There is no such rule and under the thumb stewards decide outside of the rules margins usually to help Hamilton.
I've watched F1 for many many years and whilst I might be like one driver a little more than the other I understand what good racing is and who the talent in the field is.

Max is an undoubted talent and he has amazing raw pace but he isn't making silly fundamental mistakes in his approach to too many situations and that is not the way to become a world champion. That video posted earlier is a prime example, why even challenge the drive who is trying to unlap himself, he has far more to lose its just poor judgment, but his judgment hasn't improved much, a little yes but not enough.

The team have a part to play in this with the pressure and rhetoric they are feeding him but his fans can sometimes have the biggest blinkers on that I've seen in 20+ years of watching the sport.

Take Brazil, he clearly drove Hamilton off the circuit to try and keep the place, for me the FIA should have clearly stated this was wrong as they keep telling us the edge of the track is the edge of the track, but is it only when it suits them. So this bias that is apparently only towards Lewis is rubbish.

And this is part of the problem, the stewards and Michael Massi seem to change what is right and wrong like the wind. I can entirely see that the F1 drivers don't know what they can and can't do as it seems to change at each race to suit each situation and with a sport that is on such fine margins thats plain wrong.
Appreciate 4
minn1914037.50
tdott3942.50
irunalot1518.00
GuyOh1067.00