View Single Post
      03-02-2021, 11:18 AM   #46
trafficalert
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTRS, M2CS

Still loving car. Still waiting on my Rays/Volk TE037 I ordered last June. Huge delays from Japan and anything that passes through Cali.
Think my gf is about to pick up a M2C though so we'll add reviews while swapping back and forth.
Someone asked about having a TTRS as their only car and I'd have to recommend against it. Certainly possibly but best to have a beater car/xuv.
Washing TTRS mirrors and taillights is delicate work. They spiderweb if you look at them too hard. 3000grit polish knocks it out.

I've read through the thread again and have to push back against some of the F/AWD complaints. It is fair that RWD cars have that nice shove feeling when accelerating hard and you can better control the rotation with throttle. Expect those differences when you drive/buy. For the very few people that actually drive on a track, most AWD (TTRS included) can be set up neutral - over. Neg front camber, 0 rear camber, rear sway if needed. Don't drive different cars the same way. If it matters, tuned TTRS crush nearly everything else at local track and autoX for similar HP groups. Stage 2 TTRS dominated the last One Lap of America competing against scores of "better track cars" including many P-cars.

Just an observation...99% of us do most of our high performance driving on streets. Not condoning, just being real. How many videos can you find on Youtube of a M2/3/4 wrapped around a tree, flipped down embankment, doing a nice drift across a curb into oncoming traffic? How many you know personally? Now do the same search for TTRS or RS 3/4/5. I'm in no way knocking BMWs here especially since I've had a bunch and loved them all. Just know that for those times you've ran 10/10ths when you were only planning 7 or 8, the AWD can come in handy. #Bimmerpost FTW

Last edited by trafficalert; 03-02-2021 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 2