09-30-2020, 08:19 PM   #41
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
Here's my opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

My M2C with 2NH (for my ROW friends), has about 17.5k miles is at about 35mm front rotor thickness. According to the stamping on the rotor, minimum thickness is 34.4mm. Of the miles I've driven, all but the past 1k miles have been on OEM rotors. The last 1k have been on DS2500.

I have done two HPDEs at Mid Ohio. Each one over two days with 3-4 20 minute sessions. With better fluid, of course.

My first HPDE there was on stack pads and I had zero issues with fade or anything else, even street driving after. I am not a hotshot track star and am probably more likely to overuse brakes due to my experience.

What I have learned is the OEM pads are pretty aggressive on the rotors and judging by the constant cleaning work on my wheels, quite dusty. European cars seem to be generally this way.

Maybe there are other factors I haven't considered but that much wear in this mileage is more than I care to haven even with the great performance they provide. The DS2500 are marginally better *in my use case*. I have found they can feel a somewhat softer with heavier use.
That's not saying much.

What is your track experience? - Never heard of stock BMW pads not fading at the track, unless you're a total novice. Even then, you would be the first person in history whose stock BMW pads didn't fade at all while tracking the car. And let's not forget that M2C is not a lightweight car by any stretch.

If you think the stock pads are aggressive on the rotors, get yourself a set of track pads and see what happens. And no, DS2500 pads are NOT race pads lol. The DS3000 are.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00