View Single Post
      07-21-2020, 09:21 PM   #39
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
I think this would have been better than the 230 I have in the rear now. 230 is way too much spring. If my math is correct, that is 1,311 lbs.

Thank you. Since I am local to TC Kline, I am taking it there Friday for spring replacement. IIRC he is doing 600LB rear and 300LB front. so 105NM rear and 53NM front which is what he runs on his M2C. Swears it will do better on track sprung that way.

I totally understand how the higher rates would make it great on track when that track is smooth. However, when on roads, the rear has very little give.

I'll report back after picking it up and driving a bit.

What I don't understand is that the M3/M4 is not that much different in weight from M2C, so why the substantial difference in rates? Also, Ohlins recommendations for springs is the same for M2's from 2016-2020. 2019 and 2020 have same rear suspension but not from and some added engine weight.

Suspension setup is some kind of black magic apparently.
Make sure TC has 65mm ID springs. TC is in that other school of suspension tuning, softer springs equal more mechanical grip and more forgiving in the wet.

With that drastic difference in rates, you should consider revalving the dampers.
Appreciate 2
PLF693766.00
Got f1?681.00