View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #16
waldrops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

UPDATE: This quickly became a disaster. To summarize - Agency Power Front Mount S55 Intakes DO NOT work on the M2 Competition.(properly)

To be fair, I knew I was taking a chance with this install. Technically, they aren't meant to fit on the car, but I've seen it done on the forums. No hard feelings to Gintani because the install was done correctly and for a fair price.

After about 4 hours of total wheel time, I started to notice a new noise akin to a brake shuttering/vibrating. It only appeared when turning right or braking 10mph-to-zero. I popped the hood and, after some head scratching, realized the plastic driver's side intake piping was rubbing against a pulley. I could feel a chunk worn out of the piping. The last thing I wanted was to have a belt snap on a 5k mile car.

Got it home and tried 50 ways to jerry rig it to work, and it was doable, but not to any comfortable standards. I eventually decided to cut my losses and began disassembling everything. Took the front bumper off, swapped back to the OEM airbox, took out the charcoal filters, installed some IND reflector deletes, and called it a sad end to the day.

Holy sh*t was four hours of driving like an prick fun though, the noise was addicting.
Appreciate 0