View Single Post
      11-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #149
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Your thinking is correct. With the lowered boost target, there is less need for upgraded turbo to reach the full potential of the OTS map. The gain with Dinan Turbo will be mostly on efficiency and consistency.

If you really want to max it out and get an extra 20+hp/30+tq on E30/hpfp/meth, go for a custom tune.
Makes sense.

For this coming year I think I’ll go with the Evo III Comp, Pure inlet, and a custom tune to max out the Dinan turbo or HPFP, whichever comes first.

I’ll also try some summertime tricks like running 100% water with water wetter, if I can confirm our cooling system operating pressure is high enough to not boil water at 255F. And turning on Max Cool mode in BM3.

Even with all that, I suspect the custom tune will generate too much heat for a 30-45min hot summer track session. I can always dial back to OTS, and hopefully the above items will allow me to run OTS for 30-45min without temps getting too high. Right now, even OTS drives temps too high after 10-15min on a hot summer day: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=91

If I’m still battling too much heat after all this, I’ll have to go with a larger turbo and HPFP. That’ll be a nice bump in power, but I dread having more lag around town in stop/go traffic and part throttle applications.

Last edited by ZM2; 11-17-2019 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0