07-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #137
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
ZM2, let me put this the simplest way.

1) You don't need more cooling, you're running as cool as if not cooler than a W2A equipped M4 STOCK, either IAT or oil/coolant wise. 150F of IAT isn't too bad, as long as octane can handle it.
The M4 stock can't though, at least not with RON98. In 2017 summer (95~100F ambient), on track the log read 5~6 degrees up top under 155F of IAT (I wasn't even close to pushing 100%). The M4 I was on Catless DP + JB4 map0=stock tune. Should run a little cooler than stock. A break every 3~4 laps is needed to cool down the engine if it's pushed hard.

2) The only thing that gets stressed in your case is the HPFP from E30. But it's still holding up. I'd look for a good deal on B58 pump and you'll be as good a track car as a M2 gets.

I'm done for modding for quite a while, knowing the limitation is the octane and I really don't want to do anything (WMI, Ethanol, race gas, octane booster & etc) about it. You don't seem to have octane issue at this level, and true you will be able to have 20~30whp more when maxing out Dinan turbo with WMI. At cost of a hotter turbo (and thus higher oil/coolant temp), soon you'll be itching for turbo upgrade and eventually approach to 500whp territory. But there will be days when you become not so competitive. Looking at all the additional hardware, you start to miss the stock drivability and eventually think about selling the car,

Somewhere you need to draw a line, if it's the 450whp with reliability, the best combo would be STG2 turbo+B58 Pump+E30@18~19psi. STG1 turbo won't do it, WMI or not.

I drew my line at 430whp on pump gas, 365 days capable and couldn't be happier as it drives like stock.
SeanWRT I hear you, and your comments make sense.

I'll track down a B58 pump and test how that helps with E30+ mixes under various conditions.

Then, I'll decide if I'll try WMI with my Dinan turbo, or go with a larger turbo.

Problem is, the larger turbos coming from Europe or other non-US locations are pretty expensive to get here. That leaves me going with Pure Stg 2, but I'm pretty sure that will introduce a good bit of lag at part throttle around town even if we tune it to 430whp like your setup.
Appreciate 0