View Single Post
      03-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #139
Tano
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Here is my report on this year's first trackday. I had a fun day today on the Pannonia ring again, and I'm very satisfied with my recent modifications.
During the week i checked the brake ducts and there were some rubbing and it gave too little ground clearance, so finally i modified them to Twt's version for now. I'm thinking on a solution to get ram air from the front to make it more effective, but there is not too much space there for the hoses. Anyway it was still effective cooling, the brake feeling was more solid on the end of the sessions compared to previous occasions.
The body's rigidity is definitely better with the tower bars I've installed. The turn in and cornering is very solid, i've felt the car better.
Great improvement in performance is the sport cat and the FTP boost and charge pipes paired with BM3 Stage 2 93 octane v5.6 map which i flashed on the day before. The throttle response is better and the lag is much less with the metal pipes installed. The car pulled better from lower rpms.
I'd coded the DSC and Diff to F82 GTS and the EPS to M2C and I'm a bit disappointed. The steering is great this way but the other 2 recode didn't have much effect regarding how much more slip they allow. I'd expected more, it was still quite intrusive in Sport+.
So these are my notes for today, i will make a video soon.
Appreciate 2
Anthony1s755.50
Twt635.00