View Single Post
      01-17-2022, 02:11 PM   #68
scarygary
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesinIT View Post
I am glad I am not the only one with this concern.
2020 M2C
Stock DP
AA EL Non Resonated
AA Axleback

During WOT and most times sounds great. But if I happen to have the car in sport, but have the transmission in the smoothest setting, part throttle sounds terrible, like fart can Civic terrible. Part throttle in efficient sounds like this nearly all the time. It is awful.

I eliminated all the vibrations, as many other stated this was primarily alignment or heatshield related. Once I got that right, then I noticed the rasp more. (Sounds identical to the OP's first video).

I have reduced this some:

1. I found that the small (unnecessary in my opinion)brace between the two exhaust exit pipe had broken on the passenger side, but it was next to impossible to see. I pried it far enough away from the side that had broken, and it eliminated some of the noise.

2. The torcas they supply are no able to really prevent any form of exhaust leak as evidenced by the sound and drips on the floor). I ended up snapping off a bolt while trying to get it tighter. Replaced bolts and used exhaust sealant. That reduced the exhaust leak.

3. Next to address; the ball clamps. These do leak as evidence by a slight exhaust leak sound, and the water/carbon drops on the floor. I'm not sure why they chose this option to join these pipes. I need to measure the bolts and older some grade 8 hardware before I attempt this. I'll also use the exhaust putty to help prevent this as well.
Mine leaks as well
Attached Images

Appreciate 0