View Single Post
      01-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
Ewc
Rep
Drives: Mini Clubman JCW

Thanks all! This is the exact feedback from Mini owners that I was looking for.

I actually just test drove a CPO manual 2018 OG M2 today at a local dealer. Road chatter, bumps and expansion joints are definitely more muted vs. the JCW, which is a good thing. However, I did notice that the M2's steering feel was a bit numb this time around. I didn't note the numbness as much in the Comp that I drove a few weeks ago, but then again, I was specifically paying attention to road feel on this test drive. Not a huge deal, as I still felt the steering was precisely responding to my inputs.

The N55 was also interesting. I was driving in Sport mode and it felt a bit sluggish down low. Once it got revving past 3000-4000 rpm, the power did pile on. The M2 is obviously a lot faster than my JCW, but I'm used to the Mini's power immediately punching strong down low, and then dropping off at higher rpms. The N55 is the opposite. A bit slower to build, but then kicking in at higher rpms.

The Comp that I test drove was a DCT, but it seemed to rev quicker and harder than the N55. I may need to test drive a manual Comp to see the difference between the N55 and S55 engine characteristics.
Appreciate 0