03-12-2019, 12:44 PM   #38
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
If I may, another vote for keeping politics out of these discussions. That's what the OT forum is for.

As for quality comments - I'll suggest that a very high percentage of our fresh food comes from Mexico, and a lot of the labor already present in our country to prepare our food, assemble our gadgets and build our homes are Mexican or otherwise Hispanic. And there's no reason why a car assembled in the USA or Mexico or Canada is any better or worse than one assembled in Germany or South Africa. Presumably they are all made of the same parts and follow the same requirements and the same QA.
I know people who have to work in Germany a couple months a year and they tell me that the work mentality over there is different as night and day. People's mentality over there is like clockwork. It's ingrained into their dna. Would you like to have chocolate made in Switzerland by chocolatiers who've been making chocolate for many generations or would you like to have chocolate made in England by regular people under a guided process? Japanese people have a passion for small electronics. Italians have a passion for design and the way they work with leathers is on a different level. It's a different skillset than that needed to produce a performance automobile. The main challenge to a company is to hire and train good employees efficiently. There is no way to develop a guided process that transfers know-how to an underqualified person 100%. That percentage number can vary and the lower that number is, the higher the profits are. If people keep buying and accepting less then that's the direction things will go.
Appreciate 8
Rupes1055.50
SeanWRT3179.00
ried791.50
Mavallone164.50
m0g2446.00