I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Moving it to the center of the windshield just below the mirror seems to have fixed it.. At least for now.. Will respond back if this 'fix' has no legs.
That's really weird. Only thing I can think of is that the camera in the Exec package might use infrared lighting to help it see lane markers and signs at night? The flickering from those IR LEDs could be picked up as a false LIDAR alert by the V1. Moving it lower must get it out of visual range of those LEDs or something. Are you both getting alerts from the rear sensor, or did boostm3 get front and only Spa2k got rear alerts?

Or what Spa2k found... Spa, do you have Exec package as well? The IR in the rainsensor should be pretty low powered I'd think, but I would expect much higher powered IR in use for the camera, assuming it actually uses any.

IMO you're better off just shutting of LIDAR detection entirely (on a window-mount unit). If a LIDAR-using cop wants your speed, they are going to get it before you know it. Gotta jam LIDAR.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.

Last edited by ZPrime; 10-17-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0