07-27-2020, 08:52 AM   #66
rwemersonrw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition, Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Plenty of CS threads... why not another one

For all the discussion around the price etc, I was curious for other peoples' take around this comparison. I found that configuring out an M4C in my specs was within a couple hundred dollars of the M2CS.

So assuming they are the same price, how do you compare them? There has been lots of discussion around how the M2C is a better value than the M2CS for most and the price premium "isn't worth it". And then plenty of people chiming in that if they were going to spend that much on the M2CS they'd "just buy a Cayman GTS/GT4" etc. But it really hasn't come up for the direct comparison with the M family that there is nearly a dollar to dollar match in most discussions (I recognize that incentives/deals etc will drive the M4 price down from matching in more cases than for the M2CS however).

My mind is made up, so this isn't a "help me make a decision" but more an interest in how people look at this from the M2 side of the equation since it really didn't come up in the other threads.
M2 CS is absolutely worth it if you're tracking it competitively, but if you aren't the M2C is just fine.
Appreciate 0