02-29-2016, 03:30 AM   #65
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
So if a M2 CSL would come true for example what i would we expect from it ?

*Even harder suspension (So hard you neck will snap right off when exiting your driveway from your home.)
*Super lightweight as in removing all the sound deadening materials, ac, radio, unnecessary electronics that exist only as a obstacles for your driving.
*Even Wider fenders to match the new tires for it.
*New Engine maybe the S55? Water injection as the safety GP car?
*Anti-Roll bar build in the car as the GTS M4
*No rear seats?
*Carbon fiber seats,chassi parts instead of aluminum?

So basically you want BMW to build an M2 CSL and charge you over premium price for removing stuff from the car and making it an basically a worthless dd? Considering the roads today well not in every country but a lot of roads are totally rubbish for such a car to be able to preform well and wouldn't be nice to drive if hitting small pothole and your car brakes apart due to the stiff suspension and chassi.

I am just curious to why you just don't buy an BMW M2 strip it totally from all parts and buy an used S55 engine from a scraped M3/M4 and create your own CSL. Wouldn't that be cheaper then waiting for a CSL version witch will be basically the same but the difference is BMW are building it in their own factory instead of you in your own garage. If spending around 75-80k+ on a car like the CSL then you probably won't have a problem hiring people to rebuild your own M2 to what you want it to be.

I understand the "purist" thought of a CSL version but it probably will be worthless in dd situations.

If for track use i would rather choose a car like the Ariel Atom or equally for fun fast track usage. Still street legal basically the same concept except you don't have a roof witch you wont need anyway cause you won't be having track days when its wet outside.

So what would be the reason for creating a CSL Version of the M2? Creating an Ariel Atom but with the looks of a M2?

I am just curious to why you would want an BMW M2 CSL?

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 1