04-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.boost View Post
I am just as careful parking the m2 as the gt4. Have taken both on road trips and the GT4 is actually more comfortable and has less drone (but I have the sofa seats). M2 is overall more practical and has a nice amount of tech. Clutch is a lot lighter and much easier to drive in traffic. If you’re driving the m2 in winter get a real winter tire. I got the Michelin Alpines and they were absolute crap. Got stuck often.

You will have a blast in the m2c, and it will be faster!
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll definitely make sure I get some solid winter tires.

What about the GT4 is more comfortable? I'm assuming by "sofa seats" you're referring to the GT4, and that you have the regular sport seats (not the carbon buckets)?

I actually don't find the GT4 that uncomfortable, it just doesn't feel like the kind of car you want to take around for running errands, sitting in traffic, etc.

Interestingly, in a few ways, it's more comfortable than my '98 E36 328i, just because it has electric steering, better stereo + connectivity, more sophisticated suspension, etc.
'20 BMW M2 Competition (6spd, Euro-delivered July '19)
Appreciate 0