Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Ehhhh.....that wing is way too much for my tastes - I don't even like it on a GT3, much less the entry level M car.

Also, I don't equate big wing with aggressiveness....

The E46 CSL didn't have anything like that, so no reason to believe we would expect to see a huge eyesore on this car, be it a CS or CSL.
In Paul's defense, while the E46 CSL didn't have an outlandish wing, the original E9 CSL was known as the "Batmobile" for no reason other than its radical aerodynamic wings, quite the opposite of what we would call humble.

[IMG]https://img.favcars.com/bmw/e9/bmw_e...papers_1_b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://img.favcars.com/bmw/e9/bmw_e...ctures_1_b.jpg[/IMG]

That being said, I agree that the M2 in its current form would not look pretty or aggressive with a wing of that stature.
But of course, if aerodynamics does necessitate a big wing, then so-be-it.

"Form follows function" are good words to live by when it comes to developing something as serious as a car bearing the coveted CSL moniker and I trust that BMW M (and M Design) have the ability to integrate it into a brilliant, aggressive design, provided they don't cut corners!
that's the actual race car you're posting. The road going 3.0 CSL was far humbler in appearance. Totally different appearance. There were options to make the road going CSL a bit more "accessorized" which brought it closer to the race car but still less outlandish than the racing version...

Also remember we are in the 70s then; so chrome fender flares didn't seem as crazy particularly after the dramatically overstyled 50s. The race car you posted had much wider fenders...

See below for the 2 varying aesthetics of the road going E9 CSL
Attached Images