View Single Post
      03-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #172
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Here's some photos
Thank you! Did you remove the flex disc to get a little extra room? It looks like they left it installed to the transmission in the Brintech video earlier in this thread. Also, did you replace the screws and nuts connecting the flex disc to the trans/prop shaft?

Install really doesn't seem too bad, just time consuming. I'll probably give it a try in a few months.
Quote:
Quote:
How was the install? Got any words of wisdom? I'm considering tackling this myself this spring/summer.
The install was a lot of work, but nothing complicated. I like to work on my own car, and get a sense of satisfaction doing the work myself. I used a Quick Jack Lift in my garage which gave me good clearance. Jack Stands on all four corners would work just as well. Researched the entire procedure before I started, which involved Autosolutions Web Page instructions that had all the information on how to do the install, (well almost). There is an excellent video on this thread, #72 which shows the actual install. Pull shifter knob and gaiter off, push down rubber boot. Under car remove underbody panels, and heat shields. Remove transmission and drive shaft cross braces. remove exhaust system and slide out of way (5 bolts). Disconnect drive shaft Flex-Joint and Mid section Drive Shaft bearing support. Place Drive Shaft off to side. Disconnect shifter arm assembly by disconnecting rear bushing (2bolts) and 2 transmission arm forward bushing pins (described in instructions). Remove entire shifter from below. Assemble new shifter as per video, and reverse prceedure.
Quote:
Quote:
Here's some photos
Thank you! Did you remove the flex disc to get a little extra room? It looks like they left it installed to the transmission in the Brintech video earlier in this thread. Also, did you replace the screws and nuts connecting the flex disc to the trans/prop shaft?

Install really doesn't seem too bad, just time consuming. I'll probably give it a try in a few months.
Yes removed flex disc and used low grade loctite to reinstall bolts but recommend getting 6 new nuts. Install was not difficult, just attention to detail. Take some pictures for ease of reassembly. Also drive shaft support remove and slide shaft out of way do not remove rear of shaft.