View Single Post
      01-21-2019, 01:06 AM   #103
jlhymb
Private
Rep
Drives: ymb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
Not enough evidence to suggest the times are actually different? WTF does that even mean?

So now I need an undergrad in engineering & statistics to understand an argument you haven't even made? Can I suggest maybe an undergrad course or two in English?

Here's a sentence with some big words in it for you. Try it on for size and let me know if this gets me into the discussion:

It is incumbent upon the author to present their argument in a fashion which can be most easily comprehended by the intended audience.

For anyone not interested in an intellectual circle jerk:

If you're going to make an argument, at least try to make sense. Especially when talking to us plebes.
LOL, in the time it took you to write that post, you could have googled a stats book and found the answer.

Just because you don't understand or want to believe there is a counter argument, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Quote:
I never said it was statistically significant. I said the results are the results and that they're only a single data point. That's a pretty reasonable and measured way to approach these results, if you ask me.

Besides, who here has computed the p-value for test data they don't even have access to. We don't even know how many laps they turned.
When you say things like statistical significance and p-value in that context, it's very clear that you don't understand those concepts.

Quote:

On this circuit, on this day, the M2C was very close in performance to cars like the M3C, 718 S, and TT RS. That is as much as anyone can say, ... the M2C might be close in performance to their M3C.
Quote:
Please point out the part that is incorrect:

BMW M2 Competition faster than Cayman S, M3 ZCP, Type R, C63S on Magny-Cours GP Track
Congrats, you've contradicted yourself.

A more accurate title would carry the sentiment that the M2C, Cayman S, M3 ZCP are similarly fast. Not that any one of them is faster than the others.

Quote:
No one has said it is statistically significant. Literally no one.
Your comments and suggestion that the title "...M2C faster than Cayman S..." is correct implies that you believe the difference in time is statistically significant.

The more appropriate interpretation for the m2c and m3 zcp from the data given suggests that there is not enough evidence to say one is faster than the other. To determine which is faster, more experiments would have to be run.

On a lighter note, both are incredibly similar vehicles - is it really a surprise that they perform... similarly?
Appreciate 1
doug_9992538.50