Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeskool View Post
I am a fan of cars, not car brands.
You openly admitted that you will buy these cars even if they are not the best choice available, all things considered.

See what I said about "subjective brand loyalty". And then re-read what you wrote about what you believe is perceived as a "benchmark".

Well done. You wasted a lot of time proving my point.
I think that you are practicing the "selective" understanding.
I never said anywhere that These cars "are not the best choice available". Maybe for me they are. If Cadillac is the best choice available, Keep in mind that that is your own opinion. I have the right to choose based on my own knowledge, education, and -why not- perceptions. Beeing a fan is not something based on numbers, price, but a certain amount of feelings that are involved. If you are a logic fan, you are not a fan, you are just a shopper or an opportunist. There is a difference between materialistic choice and an emotional choice. And driving feelings, pleasure, happiness, confidence, response, perception, all are emotional atributes of a human being.
In regards with the "benchmark" note, BMW is a benchmark. As a proof just look at this thread right here, at the letter they choose, the colors, the aspirations they have. Enough said.
Like my colleague "ilikebmxbikes" said, there are things that can not be bought or replaced by another letter. History, heritage, experience, feeling, design, philosophy, everything is what contributes to an image that is very appealing to some people.
I didn't prove anything from what you said. I just see that you are playing a "you said, I said" game that I am not willing to be a part of.
Appreciate 0