08-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #203
jimmiebimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I am a fan of cars, not car brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I am actually in the same boat with this guy. Regardless how good one car can get, there are things that keeps you bonded to a brand. It is not all about power or price. I am kind of sick to see how all the BMW fans are slapped all the time with all kind of epithets. Stop being judgemental, not everybody in here is a brand seeker, the majority just enjoy the package of a well built car that managed properly to be a summary of driving atributes.
People identify themselves with a certain brand due to the fact that its products have certain atributes that are appealing to them. For me, my car is expressing my personality, my needs, my expectations

It makes me laugh too when I see individuals that start pointing at fans because they love a brand. They don't love it because is cute. Ok, maybe some do, but when the community is that huge containing a wide range of individuals from all walks of life, and the brand proved to be a benchmark in the industry, such comments have no logical foundation. For them most likely doesn't matter how you call them, they are happy with their choice.

I am not happy with many things in BMW late decisions, but does not made me leave. I love the brand and if we have a problem, we addressed, express it, complain about it, to help make it better. I am with this brand in harsh times too, that's what a real fan is.

Not the last, I am really sick of seeing names like "badge whores".
If we think properly, a whore is person that has no loyalty and is moving from one to another.

Many posts in here are "too modest" and futile. Bottom line, in here, we are a group of BMW (!) enthusiasts. If someone does not like our affinity to the brand, we promise to respect his choice.

And as a note, I had so much interest in Cadillac, that never have even the curiosity to sit in one... Just not appealing to me in any way.
You openly admitted that you will buy these cars even if they are not the best choice available, all things considered.

See what I said about "subjective brand loyalty". And then re-read what you wrote about what you believe is perceived as a "benchmark".

Well done. You wasted a lot of time proving my point.
Appreciate 0