View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 09:57 PM   #37
HeelToeShift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Congrats on your GT4. I’m sure it’s amazing. No need to justify your decision to me. Enjoy your car in good health. I’m not buying or selling my POV.

I’ve never driven a GT4. I’ve only driven air cooled 911s. With that said, based on what people say, plus the fact that I’m used to my tuned M3 with 500 lb/ft torque at relatively low RPMs, I’m sure I will be disappointed with the acceleration of a GT4. I imagine the acceleration would be similar to the E60 M5 which sounded amazing to wind out that V10 to 8500 RPM and hear it scream... but alas i told my friend his car felt like a big block Integra Type R... glorious at 6K+ RPMs... but still lacking in torque at lower RPMs.

With respect to the GT3, people complain about the long gearing in that car too.

I’m sure the 6MT in the GT4 is sublime... I’d just be disappointed that I don’t get to row through the gears as much due to the super tall gearing.
Thanks! Not justifying but simply stating those claims are well overrated hyperbole if you ask me. Also, I probably should have mentioned, I’ve not really gone over 5k rpm yet (only just hit 300 miles) and just don’t find it to be an issue. It just goes with the torque available. Plus this is a sub 3200 lb car, so most anything not only feels heavy compared to this, but is quite heavier. Throttle response is some of the most immediate I’ve ever experienced as well. I think better than the mighty 991 GT3 and on par with the .2 cars.
The GT4 runs 11.9@120 mph which quite a bit faster than I recall an e60 m5 running (12.3@115/116) or an f80 M3/4 with a manual box (12.4@115). What I find here is that the toque feels much better than what I remember an M5 feeling like and certainly doesn’t have the torque of the F80, but it also rewards for more than either at high RPMs.
Either way, I am beyond happy and also excited for what the GT4 RS will deliver and also the 992 GT3, too. Will also be hitting the track in a couple weeks with this car for its first track day as well so should be fun.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 09-10-2020 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
AlterZgo1537.50