06-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #12
BGR
Captain
Rep
Drives: C7 GS 7MT; e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu2k2 View Post
Okay, so a couple things on this topic.

The 1 year interval is gone on 2018's...

I change my oil on my own normally after 2 track days and don't reset the OCI. But... I was having some other work done and asked the shop doing the work to change the oil.

I was most frustrated by the dealer's lack of clarity, as I setup the appointment for an oil change and an exhaust rattle. They didn't mention the oil wasn't changed. I caught it when I picked the car up (after being there for 4 days waiting on a warranty part). If they had asked, I would have protested, but likely would have paid for an oil change due to my schedule.

I don't begrudge the dealer over following corporate policy. I'm just saying the policy is asinine... They can tell if the oil has been changed by a BMW dealer, and this is just a scam to prevent BMW from having to perform service that is supposedly included in the maintenance plan.

The independent shop is going to hook me up with an oil change after having a talk with their manager.

-rant over-
Yeah, I'd be annoyed that my service advisor didn't call me to at least let me know the car didn't qualify for an oil change. $150 to have them do it when my time is more valuable is worth it.
Appreciate 0