JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drledford93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
That is true, however, you also have to consider that there are no new M2C entering the market.

Most dealers only have 1 on the lot. In that case, they may be inclined to hold onto it and see what happens.

In addition, medphysdave posted a great theory that BMW may cancel MY21 all together.

All we know right now is there is a stalemate between supply and demand and the result is for dealers to hold and see what happens.
I read through some of your and ///AVM's (sp?) exchanges on another, similar thread and loved your guys' insights. I can see it from a purely mathematical (via microeconomics) perspective. (My background is in mathematics with some economics study thrown in for good measure.)

I was truly interested to see how low the M2C would go but the problem is that the minimum (dealer actual cost) is unknown. If they could be had new for ~52k, that is a helluva bargain. But, your idea that everything is stagnant (meaning no new inventory coming) is a good foil to my thought of lowered prices. I will be interested to see how this plays out in the real world.

Thanks again for your education. I never liked the actual business world--theoretical was much more fun.
Hey, your insights are definitely valuable as well. And obviously ///AVM provides so much value to everything he posts

I wish you can get one for $52K. However, based on my personal experience pre-COVID, it's about $56K best price with executive package and the dealer added carbon mirror caps, etc. during Covid, it's a hit or miss based on the supply argument I mentioned earlier. But if we assume all is well and dealers are motivated to move, I would think $1-2K more off that price? The reason I say this is because the dealer I worked with was pretty incentivize to move and they would not budge under $56K. However, they were willing to ship it to me. So account for around $1K shipping cost they would spend out of their pockets