View Single Post
      01-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #49
0w40X1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8 View Post
Shell is all I have ever used, they have shell rewards as well so I typically get 0.05 cents to 0.10 cents off every gallon. What fuel you use is important but the station you use matters more. My buddy used to sell gas/oil out in west Texas and he said a lot older stations are not well maintained, have older filtration systems and tank leakage, etc. New stations are held to a much higher standard.

Hey, friend, I have used Shell when I was in San Antonio to get some discounts. Also, Chevron has Techron and is very reasonable in that area. Out Midland way, we had major disruption in 91 oct (highest oct here) during the 2017 Houston flooding, so I ended up using HEB AND even Sam's gas.

Both are new modern stations, and I don't fear trouble with those. First sign of gas trouble is engine doesn't hAVE STEADY idle. Last vehicle with idle trouble was in late 90's with a 1990 F150 , and I fixed that one with a few bottles of Techron from parts store.

That was gas for Exxon coming from old Shell refinery in Odessa. I think modern refineries have better additives now.
Appreciate 0