View Single Post
      11-23-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
Twt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
1 AW M2 at the event. Talked to the guy but he is not on this forum.

This event was run by MVP who I have run with many times before. I ran advanced at Road America earlier this year with them and was amongst the slower cars because most of that run group was very high horsepower cars like newer vettes, GT3s or pure race cars. I signed up for the intermediate group at Road Atlanta mostly because I was running my E36 M3 which has very little power. Even that run group was dominated by high horsepower cars making the M2 middle of the pack at best. As fast and fun as the M2 is it's difficult to run with some of these outfits who cater to the very fast high power cars.
I will be running my M2 at Road Atlanta this weekend with Chin. I used to run advanced/red with all groups, like MVP, Chin, etc. in my C5Z modded track car. At RA, and especially with Chin, you find a lot of full blown race cars plus a lot of very fast street cars like GT3s, GTRs....so I would run mid pack. I am sure that I will be dropping into the intermediate/blue group in the M2. I have already tested it at RA and know it's about 5-6 seconds slower....but it is a lot more fun and predictable.
Appreciate 1