View Single Post
      04-09-2023, 12:20 PM   #76
bmwstephen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95' M3, 17' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwstephen View Post
just in case anyone cares. I think I might have found a potential solution to this.

Since the crooked seat angle applies to the driver side seat. I.e. In USA LHD driver seat is crooked, and in other parts of the world RHD driver seat is crooked, I am going to order the passenger side seat frame of a RHD vehicle to swap into my LHD driver seat. Per real oem, they are different part numbers which may solve for the crooked seat issue.

If that doesn't work, I also manage to find a junk set of driver side seat rails. I am going to try to widen/elongate the holes at the rail to give more degrees of freedom to angle the seat dead center. Then I'll clamp down the seats with larger washers.

stay tuned for pics!
Welp- I am defeated. After $500 in scrap parts and a weekend, there is just no way to tweak the frame or rails to make the seat straight. I bit the bullet but it was a good learning lesson for me.

For starters, the seat rails just does not have enough lateral material to widen the holes where the mounting bolts slide through. Otherwise, this method would give more degrees of freedom.

The RHD (passenger electric seat frame) is identical to the LHD driver seat frame (despite slightly differ part numbers)

LHD Electric Seat Frame P/N:
52107285859 (driver)
52107285862 (Co-driver/Passenger)

RHD Electric Seat Frame P/Ns:
52107285860 (Driver)
52107285861 (Co-Driver/Passenger)

it is really the mounting points on the floor pan that makes the seat tweaked. The only way I see this being fixed is if the carpet is removed, break and reweld the seat mounting braces (1, 2, 3, and 4) here:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=41_2159

In other words, not worth messing up to get it straight. just have to live with it.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00