View Single Post
      04-05-2023, 02:40 PM   #72
bmwstephen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95' M3, 17' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
I'm guessing the thought is to position then facing forward but in the same location, so steering wheel et all would be offset now. To me that would be far more obnoxious, but I guess to each their own?

Good points though.
The idea is that the seat center would would be in line with the steering wheel center. Even if it ended up being offset steering that was a standard design feature for the e30, e36, e46 design as well (and even porsches) due to narrow cabin design. No issues with safety degradation on those vehicles. Given the passenger seat is already pointing straight there should not be any issues

What i am aiming for is symmetry of seat position between driver and passenger seat. This was the intention of the f87’s designers as evident that the mounting points for the seat are straight ahead and symmetrical. until side impact rules made it so that they had to tweak the driver seat frame/railing a bit rather than reengineer the whole chassis. Had they tweaked the passenger side as well to make it symmetrical with driver, my OCD would have been less obnoxious
Appreciate 0