View Single Post
      05-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #52
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
After over 50 track days with my OG M2, I am always surprised when people say they need better brakes...with fluid, pads and ducts I can haul it from 150 to 60 all day long and brake as late as a GT3. This leads me to why I like the OG....I can run virtually any 18 inch wheel/tire set up I want. With proper tires the OG is quicker than the C on tread. I know it’s apples and oranges, but the C cars tend to drive on “street” tires to the track, rather than load a set of expensive 19 slicks in the back. Plus my Schroth four point fits under the headrest instead of sliding out of place in the newer seats. Both great cars, just a few observations.
I agree, the stock blue brakes are sufficient however the initial bite and feel isn't as good as 2NH. But I'd rather have brake that can fit 18's over 2NH for track. This is why I tracked my 17 M2 and decided not to bother tracking my 19 M2C. Did not want to rebuy 19" wheels, camber plates, figure out a seat/harness solution and rebuy brake pads. I have no doubt that on equal setup (brakes, tires etc) the M2C is going to be noticeably faster on track just from the motor upgrade. I was constantly wishing the N55 had more top end on track.
Appreciate 0