08-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #71
Faikius
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M2 Comp / 16' Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
So I literally saw the reviews last Monday night very late, heard/read all the hoopla about the manual. I got home at midnight saw additional reviews and started regretting my choice of selecting the DCT box. I am slated for a September 20th euro delivery. I lost a nights sleep as i became more pissed the more I thought about it. I email my SA at 6:00am asking him if I have any chance of switching the build. He emails me back 2 hours later letting me know that I was out of luck BUT that he needed to call Munich and would at least ask. 15 minutes later he calls back to confirm that unfortunately I am out of time BUT he then literally receives an email mid conversation stating that someone went ahead and APPROVED my change with no implications on my delivery date, etc. Obviously, I am beyond excited as this car is a dying breed. What I mean by this is that from a driver involvement perspective, the manual box is the way to go however, there is no doubting that the DCT is the better box. Saving $2900 is a bonus but its the passion I'm after. I currently own a 15 GT3 with a PDK box that is brilliant. There is zero doubts that no human can out shift a PDK regardless of skill and of course the DCT/PDK is faster. September 20th can't get here fast enough
Appreciate 2