Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
My Mexican car laughs at you xenophobes. How many of you are driving South African assembled F3x's without even knowing it?
It has nothing to do with xenophobia.

It's not unreasonable to ask for a high end flagship performance car to be produced in its home country. That's part of the appeal.

Merc's AMG division has handmade engines with a plaque by the guy who assembled it. You can only get such attention to detail in Germany!
Wait, flagship and M2? What did I miss? 1ers weren't made in Munich, neither are the current 2ers. So what really changes if it goes to MX?

Like I said earlier, many 3ers were made elsewhere. Hell, my M Coupe was made in South Carolina and I liked it more than many Munich made BMW's, a Leipzig one, a Regensberg one and a Rosslyn one.

Country of manufacture doesn't really matter to me. If the car is well engineered, then it will likely be a good car.

Maybe it's because I worked in Germany for a German company, but I don't see why you think a German union employee is going to wield a torque wrench with any sort of magic skill set than a similarly trained employee in another country is going to. And yes, what you described is xenophobia to a t.
Appreciate 6
Igor_M52129.00
Pic18303.50
Manbnda58.50
EXE462097.00