CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Exactly! The M2C is not a track car. The M2CS is not a track car. Every iteration of the F80 is not a track car. Even the M4GTS is intended to primarily be a street car yet have some capability on the track.

Knowing that the adaptive suspension adds weight to the M2CS, M Gmbh decided to add it to the CS anyway for the ride benefits it provides. It's easy to sit here an criticize the features on a car that NO ONE HAS DRIVEN YET!!

I'd bet the M2CS is going to kill it in the driving reviews. The CS package is the clear winner of the levels that were offered on the F80. Now, take that same philosophy and apply it to the F87 (which many driving enthusiasts already prefer over the F80).

If anyone wants to complain about anything, complain about the price/availability. Any other argument doesn't hold water.

Want a lighter car? How? Carbon tub? ($$$$) Not 'special' enough? Ok, what little piece would you change that would make it 'special' enough? Point is people are always going to complain no matter what BMW did. Can't wait to hear what all of the naysayers are going to complain about when it gets rave reviews!
It seems you guys are completely missing what ///M cars are about, particularly the M2/3/4. Thinking that a car with the rear seats replaced with a roll cage and a fire extinguisher is primarily for street use . Since the onset of the E30 M3, these cars have always been intended as a dual use cars: practical daily drivers and track toys. It is that design intent that got me in my first M3 in 2001 and what keeps me coming back. And I have all used them exactly for that intent.

With the latest generations of M2/3/4, BMW is just offering different degrees of that dual use:
  • Base: Daily and track use
  • Competition: Daily use with enhanced track performance
  • CS: More track focused with daily usability
  • CSL (replaces GTS): Mainly track use but still road leagal.
There is official BMW press info to that effect, I just need to find it.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 12-28-2019 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 3
PLF693770.00
cptobvious2531.50
Tornado1M1222.50