View Single Post
      12-19-2020, 08:41 AM   #10
Fined
ghost user
Rep
Drives: M2 | 997 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Being an M car guy for 20 years I am gradually moving to Porsche.

The way BMW makes their M cars recently doesn’t inspire me at all.

M5C is gone after 12 months of ownership.
M2C is very likely to be changed to either Cayman GTS or Cayman GT4 next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocpinstead View Post
It’s funny you said that. My M2 lease expires next summer and I’ve been finding myself more and more ending up on the Porsche website to find a replacement.
As BMW has moved to larger, heavier, and more disconnected cars, so too has Porsche. Spending a sufficient amount of time with the older offerings bears this truth out. Sure a new Porsche may compare favorably to the upcoming crop of BMW M.. they however do not compare favorably to the size, weight, and driver feedback of the previous. Where weight may not give up much, size does, where size does not, driver feedback does. And in some cases all of the above.

Rare cases, or none at all can be argued that performance has not moved forward. Absolute performance in its own right certainly is not the point for everyone, but it sells cars.

I'm satisfied to hang on to my 10 year old Porsche, consider holding on to my few years old BMW, and give regular thought to swapping it out for something a bit more in line with the days gone.. a bit lighter, a bit smaller, a bit more feelsome feedback..
Appreciate 0