View Single Post
      12-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #8
Ocpinstead
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 6MT Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Debt View Post
The M2 is exactly what you're asking for in the modern era, though an NA straight six with competitive performance that meets emissions sounds like a fantasy. Just turn the boost down on the M2 and shut off I-drive 😆. Or, buy a pristine e46 which is exactly what you described.

Also, why would you want Sensatec seats?
I don't think turning boost down is the answer. The sound and the rev limit of an NA motor is more than the absence of a turbo charger.

As for the I-drive - its going to look really old in 5 years. When I was buying my Z4M I insisted on finding one without Nav. Have you seen what the nav looked like in 2007? The M2 screen will look antiquated in the near future too.

I actually really enjoy my M2 when the DSC is completely off, except for the fact that if I screw up I don't have any traction control to save my bacon. Like a lot of us on this forum, I wish there was a rev-match "off" option in MDM mode. That would help feel more connected to the car.

As for the sensatec seats - I don't want them. But the leather in my LCI M2 is not great. Other M cars have great leather, but the OG M2 doesn't.

And as for an e46 M3 - they cost as much as my residual on my M2. And good luck finding one...
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50