Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
I really wonder if it will achieve the unique status that the 1M has. For those of us who bought into the 1M process and purchase, we got lucky. Nobody knew in advance that the car would reach cult status. The stars aligned.
The M2CS has the limited production, power and looks.

But Jeremy Clarkson is gone and BMW already did this once in 2011.

We'll see.
Just in terms of exclusivity, aren't there less M2CS's being imported to the US than 1M's? Rarity plays a huge factor.
Rarity only contributes partially.

Pricing and desirability is a big component.

Most people forget the 1M was priced at $47k. The most affordable M car ever. All cars manual gearbox. 3 colours. This was a car that shook up the scene. We hadn't seen anything like it from BMW since the 2002 Turbo in the 1970s. The 1M was also a ridiculously simple car. Basic and minimally decorated with function over form. Dealers had a list a mile long waiting for a 1M and they were quickly gone. I bought mine used 2 years later for above MSRP as did many others...

Now the M2 CS is priced way higher and comes at the tail end of a series of M2s which were already good. The car is not a surprise in any way most people have known it was coming. It's not a car that will "shock" people the way the 1M did.

Will it become a future classic? Possible..time will tell. But it's not going to do it the way the 1M did it. It will have to find its own way and its own method to become a classic.
cptobvious2531.50
Conissah1576.00
Artemis29558.00
qnet681.50
Tornado1M1213.00