View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 11:01 AM   #96
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

I was able to break the cradle during installation. The cables were tight inside the cradle and I broke off one of the leads for the coax. I can solder it back, but I don't want to do that in the car. I have seen plenty of pictures of the cradle and cables so I can see that the sockets aren't far away, but I have seen conflicting posts and cannot tell if the sockets are in front of the shifter or behind the console, by the rear heat vent, I assumed they were in the front of the car (based on the way the cable comes out of the cradle, so I removed the cover and idrive controller (right of the shifter. I loosened the shifting boot (6MT) and removed the button panel to the left of the shifter. I found 2 Torx screws, which I removed, but I cannot get anything to budge. (Many years ago, I learned that if you f**k something up, it is best not to make it worse trying to fix your mistake. Can anyone provide any guidance before I am forced to throw myself on the mercy of the dealer and listen to the lecture on the dangers of weekend mechanics
Appreciate 0