10-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #95
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBig2 View Post
So I got my M2C coded according to this thread except that the guy left out the F82GTS for the DSC and it is still on the default F87CS. Just wondering if that would make a significant difference in the function or performance? From what I can tell the Euro MDM isn't really much different from US MDM as it is still too intrusive on track and I have to use the DSC OFF mode.
It won't make a difference to DSC off mode, but would to MDM modes like Sport+.

Quote:
GTS steering definitely feels less artificially heavy and more natural, and I can actually use comfort mode for cruising around town now. The more I read up on these hidden modes the more I get confused though. So is DSC OFF it's own mode as well? I have my M Drive settings on MDM, Drivetrain Sport+, Steering Sport, and once I'm on track I hold the DSC button for DSC OFF after. In that case does that mean the DSC OFF reconfigures my M Drive settings to something else?
Best to rely on the feedback of the M2C owners, as above - I have an OG.

Quote:
I flipped the 2-click differential like you said and it does work very well. I'm still confused on as to why as I was expecting the car to be oversteery with the rear stiffer, but the car still handles fairly neutral and easy to catch when the rear does step out.
It's about weight transfer - with the fronts stiffer than the rears, what was happening was that the front shocks were pushing off weight faster than the rears, which unloads the front and means there isn't enough weight over the front tyres to to get good grip/turn in. It's obviously a balancing act - too much weight transfer to the front would also cause understeer, but 2 clicks difference seems to be the sweet spot.
Appreciate 0