View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 02:45 AM   #94
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBig2 View Post
So I got my M2C coded according to this thread except that the guy left out the F82GTS for the DSC and it is still on the default F87CS. Just wondering if that would make a significant difference in the function or performance? From what I can tell the Euro MDM isn't really much different from US MDM as it is still too intrusive on track and I have to use the DSC OFF mode.

GTS steering definitely feels less artificially heavy and more natural, and I can actually use comfort mode for cruising around town now. The more I read up on these hidden modes the more I get confused though. So is DSC OFF it's own mode as well? I have my M Drive settings on MDM, Drivetrain Sport+, Steering Sport, and once I'm on track I hold the DSC button for DSC OFF after. In that case does that mean the DSC OFF reconfigures my M Drive settings to something else?

Since you mentioned the Euro setting is related to the TPMS, I'm just wondering does the TPMS affect any other systems in the car? As 26 PSI is the ideal tire pressure on track, I constantly get the low tire pressure errors on the dash and I can't reset it to be at that pressure cause I guess it is too low from the manufacture specs.

The GTS Differential does seem to be more reactive to throttle inputs and the car corners a little tighter than before. Although mine is a 6MT, even the shifting feels smoother if that makes any sense as I always found there to be some slop in the shifter engagement.

I flipped the 2-click differential like you said and it does work very well. I'm still confused on as to why as I was expecting the car to be oversteery with the rear stiffer, but the car still handles fairly neutral and easy to catch when the rear does step out.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again for the tips.
ON an OG M2 the modes are intertwined on an M2C they are not.

You can mix and match every steering/throttle/trans/DSC mode. Sometimes you need to deselect things (ie going from the boot up mode efficient engine + sport steering + DSC on to sport plus throttle makes the car want to turn on MDM mode).

DSC off (long press of the DSC off button, DSC off light in dash on not MDM light on) is DSC off. The steering/throtle/trans mode you are in doesn't matter and shouldn't change.

BTW I have my M2 button setup as your describe and I do the same thing of turning DSC off as I leave the pitlane.

I have an EU spec car and don't have the low tire pressure problems lots of ppl on here describe. I do reset the sensors each time it complains though. I think the system is not looking for the vehicle specific pressures but +/- 3 PSI from what you set it at.