#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by particulardude View Post
who

cares

buy the car and have fun driving it - do not attempt to preserve it for the next person - you will fail unless it's shrink-wrapped

you will drive yourself nuts

you are welcome
I agree with the post above, I would also say buy a used 1M if future value is important to you. I drive all kinds of cars and the 1M is simple and brilliant, the size/steering will never be replaced. When MSRP was announced for the M2C it was about even with good 1M’s in the market and the 1M has gone up, while used M2C’s will depreciate for many years. Some people have to have new and I get that, also the latest and greatest, but it is almost impossible to predict values....

Get the car that appeals to you, and if it happens to hold decent value, then that is an added bonus, IMO.

If, I had to guess— M2 CS will probably hold more value than other F87 variants, but if production is limited it will be expensive from the start and a possible CSL type of model for “NA only” seems possible. It is difficult to quantify how much values will hold, with so many variables. Long after your purchase, time will tell what F87 was the best value: OG, M2C, M2CS, M2CSL?
Appreciate 4