View Single Post
      08-02-2019, 03:19 PM   #73
dkat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW Z8, 2011 1M, 2020 Por

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
As the train of thought keeps meandering and venturing into interesting curves, I modified the thread title to "M2 CS closest to 1M in value hold + long term perspective in electric vehicles future".
Wow, this thread touches on all the cars I have. I guess I will offer my perspective on each.
Model S - (daily) - On my 2nd Model S (75D). I daily an EV going on 6 years.
Model S - No issues, no maintenance. Handles as good or better than German contemporaries. Acceleration is brilliant. The on-board tech is sublime. I have not used it on a trip, would use wife's ICE SUV for that. If it was an only car with no other alternative. I might stick with an ICE for now. My feeling is that ICE to EV's is what Horses were to ICE 100 years ago. It IS the future. So, embrace it. I have a deposit down on a Taycan. I will reserve judgement until it is out on the market.
1M - I have to admit that I purchased the 1M last year because my millennial son said it was going to be a future collectible. After about 2,500 miles , it is truly a great drivers car. No, it is not the fastest car but it puts responsiveness and handling together so well. I cannot see replacing it with anything in that price range
Z8 - Just a fantastic GT, bespoke bits, S62 engine - so great. I find myself just staring at it in the garage. No more expensive to maintain than E39 M5.
All engine parts readily available. Arguably, better looking than any Ferrari from the last 20 years & much rarer to see on the street today.

I am not a car collector. I do not fret about the value. They are cars, & mean't to be driven & if somewhat valuable, carefully curated. The best I hope for is that they will not suffer deep depreciation. If I ever tire of them (not likely) If get what I paid for them or more. I'll call that a win.
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00