View Single Post
      08-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Thanks for your track report. One more negative to missing the Buckeye BMW event this year (Me and a few Hoosier BMW clubbers crossed over to the Porsche club to instruct at the Indy motor speedway F1 course this past weekend, bucket list thing...). Sounds like this car will be very fun without requiring much crazy mod money.

Your experience/conclusions are scary close to what I was guessing/hoping for with this new car. Some camber plates up front, some good track pads, some kind of 4 points and you're 90% good to go. This is great for a street car that occasionally goes to far away tracks, which is my likely use for this incoming M2.

Lap times are really promising. 1:40 is about all I can ring out of my E36 with BFG R1s at MO, and that's in a car with a fair amount of track focused mods and creature comfort deletions that make super long drives to tracks a definite negative.

Thanks again for sharing! Real numbers and impressions at a known (to me) track really put things into a useful perspective. I really appreciated reading that, and am looking forward to a similar experience soon.

Rob
Appreciate 2