10-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #50
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
Nope, the Elise/Exige came off the list after seeing the way one crumple like an empty soda can during a low-ish speed accident. I stopped riding motorcycles for family reasons, that car gets lumped in that category. I purchased the 1m because of fender flares. It just a happened to have the right amount of power and enough questionable handling characteristics to make it one of the most playful modern cars at street speeds that I've owned. I couldn't careless about livability, collectability, value, purity, or whatever stupid shit people throw out there about the 1m. Simply put, this thing is a riot to drive at reasonable speeds. The M2 is a better car; but like many new cars, it's too competent to have fun with on a nice road without setting a pace that is on the of verge being reckless.

Gotta agree with those flares, absolutely gorgeous! The M2 flares are much more civilized in comparison.

As for the Elixge safety, there is a reason why they are no longer available in NA. And I like the motorcycle comparison, it's the closest thing on 4 wheels IMO. That Morgan 3 wheeler would be next
Appreciate 0