Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureNoodle View Post
Hey all, N55 M2 looking for turbo upgrade advice:

Just ordered a Pure Stage 2 Turbo with the upgraded DV and inlet pipe, Spool Stage 3 LPFP, 3.5 bar TMAP sensor, ordered some extra NGK97506 plugs and some new Delphi 12138616153 coils.

I'm already FBO with a Dorch Stage 2 HPFP and a BM3 Flex Fuel kit. Is there anything I need? Am I missing something or do I just need to install and tune now? Is a crank hub solution necessary?

Goal is to be able to run ethanol blends and make north of 500whp.

Thanks in advance!
That sounds about right in terms of parts required to hit your goals. I would not have wasted my money on new delphi coils though, I would have put that money towards the B58 coil conversion kit that way I can run the largest possible plug gap in order to promote more complete combustion. The NGK plugs are also not really needed, your power level isn't high enough to require a colder plug, it's not a huge problem just not needed.

Other than that you should be fine, I personally don't think a crank hub fix is required because people were running 550 whp+ on the N55 for years before the crank hub issue was a huge talking point and there hasn't been a huge issue as a result. The n55 has alot less inertial mass driven off of the crank hub so you should be ok at this power level.
That's good to know. My philosophy is overbuild the car for what I need it to do and have headroom in case something goes wrong lol
Appreciate 0