View Single Post
      07-12-2016, 12:15 PM   #190
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

There is just all sorts of wrong not only with what's in the footage, but in the responses in this thread. It's not really even worth commenting on ...

... except to make these points:
- This happens far, far less often in Europe than the U.S. -- yet it still does happen. There are multiple lessons to be learned from that by dipwad 'Murricans (of which I am one).
- A driver's license is a privilege, not a right, in all societies. It should be treated as such. You get caught breaking rules, you lose the privilege -- and you continue to break rules without the privilege, you get fined heavily or go to jail. Simple as that.
- Cars are deadly weapons. This may sound extreme to some, but driving like that is like brandishing a gun toward others. Those others are going to react to it -- freeze, duck, cower, maybe even lash out -- and create reactions among those around them. All it takes is someone slamming on their brakes as a reaction to the lane changing in a scenario like that to cause carnage and death. Who would unquestionably be to blame for the reaction? The BMW drivers, because one extreme action precipitates another action no matter what the intent of the initial action. And in such a scenario, the BMW drivers should be prosecuted for felony manslaughter at a minimum. Since no one died and there was no intent, was the action reckless? Of course. What's the punishment for reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon? It varies by state, but it's generally a felony ... and this guy's got a history, so I say book him and throw away the key for a while.
Appreciate 0