Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post
These will help. Put the key in it and the signal is completely blocked. If your living situation doesn't allow to have the keys far enough away from potential hijackers this is much better than nothing!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=car+key+p...b_sb_ss_i_3_10
This thread has me wondering how far the keys have to be from exterior windows/walls/doors in order to NOT be detected by the suitcase thieves. Anyone know?
The key fob range is pretty far, I could lock/unlock my car from inside the mall to the parking lot, which is like 500ft, give or take.

However, BMWs doesn't get stolen like that, here in the US.

Most cars get stolen here because the idiot owner left the key fob, in the car..

I know of this guy who left his Tesla Model S in his driveway, with the key in it. Some kids stole it and then just ditched when it ran out of battery charge. And that's a typical car theft story here, with the advent of modern automotive security, such as the immobilized chip. It's not as "Gone In 60 Seconds" as the guys in the video.

Those thieves that stole that M2 knew what they when for and what they were doing. That can was going get a new key fob, re-vin and probably shipped out to Dubai, for immediate sale.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50