08-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #60
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
So, let me guess, you're the type of guy who doesn't use a remote control for his tv because you like to get up of the couch and walk over and press the buttons to change the channel, because it gives you more involvement, more direct mechanical linkage to the tv, plus as you say, you don't want a google tv to do it for you, there's no pride in that.

Seriously, give me a break, you will grow to appreciate the finer things in life, including DCT's.
: ). This is funny.

I bought the first dct on the market in the wife's GTi!

This was even before Porsche and BMW offered it. So I feel pretty confident that it was before you even tried one. Since it seems like you prefer the finer things so you wouldn't find yourself slumming in a VW.

I was excited about it as an alternative to the
Slush box and paid my hard earned money for it. It was ok then and I gave it a try. It's been almost 8 years now so I feel confident enough now to know I still prefer a manual. Even funnier my wife drove my zhp recently and commented that she gets it now why I still prefer MT.

The finer things for me and about 10 other guys in the world is feeling connected and doing something different. Everything is cushy electronic now and I want something different. And yes I drink black coffee not triple espresso machiattos.

I also do other quaint old school things like rotate my own tires and work on my cars for fun! Imagine that!
Appreciate 0