View Single Post
      08-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #51
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
It's so weird how the automatic crowd doesn't get it?
I don't get how you don't get that those of you who want to own a manual are in the minority (by a large amount). You're severely limiting the "fun" you can have because you're being narrow-minded and writing off cars simply because they don't offer a manual. Pretty soon there will be maybe 2 performance cars in the world that come in manual while the rest of us are having fun in our DCTs. And I actually see a lot more women than men now actively looking to drive manuals.

As I said I think every car should offer a manual and an automatic tranny but the reality is that for the OEMs the ROI just isn't there to put in the R&D to put in a manual since very few are buying them. If you give me a manual and an auto for a short period of time, then sure i'd love to drive a manual, but owning one day in and day out is tedious. And the DCTs are so good now that I really don't miss manual at all. It's still fun to drive a manual every once in awhile but it's not a necessity for me. I love banging out shifts from a DCT like I'm firing bullets from a bolt-action rifle and being able to focus on driving lines rather than worrying about shifting from 2nd to 3rd instead of 2nd to 5th on a sloppy gearbox when I'm in hurry to shift gears

TBH, I can drive either manual or auto and I'd probably slightly prefer the manual on a nice open road but if the car I want is only offered in auto, there's no way I'm writing it off just because of that.
Appreciate 0