View Single Post
      11-17-2020, 01:07 PM   #49
m3username
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Do you have a thread, or know a thread, which explains the process for getting this done?
So I had to read through about 4 different threads to get this done properly. I will describe and try to grab the links I used to figure it all out:

1) How to code intro (this explains the process step by step, I used this to walkthrough coding but DO NOT use any of the codes in there as it's for a different car.)

2) This thread tells you what codes to change for the steering, lsd, and traction. I recommend sticking with things for the F87 chassis as using the M4 coding can lead to weirdness (based on my research) but do whatever you want. Also Euro MDM can be coded for traction rather than turning it off.

3) This thread is where you can ask for the data files Make sure you know what you're doing before you use them

I recommend googling as much as possible about E SYS coding f87 and BMWs. It'll be confusing until you do it for the first time. I did a dry run and didn't change anything a few times just made sure I could get to the right codes before I actually made an edit.

If you screw around in this area you can brick your car so make sure you are following instructions properly. If your ECU firmware is older you'll need to update it, that's a little more involved and I had the dealer do mine because the car should be hooked up to a power source (it can be done without but it's like playing russian roulette)

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0