View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 11:28 AM   #44
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

I think this whole debate just proves more than anything that cars are an emotional purchase more than anything. You can try and talk about how you'd rather have 50 more hp instead of carbon fiber trim, or that the Mustang can beat the M2C around the track. But at the end of the day are you beating an M2C around the track in YOUR Mustang? If you arent then why even bring up that argument?

Cars are just about how they speak to you. My track car is a Honda S2000. its 2800lbs and only 245hp at the crank. 0-60 is 5.3 seconds if i'm REALLY good about it, which i'm not most of the time. There are plenty of cars faster around the track than that car. Remember the S2000 was a 45,000$ car when it was brand new. In todays standards thats the equivalent to a 70,000$ car. Can you imagine paying 70k for an S2000 when cars like the C8 Corvette or the Supra can be had for cheaper? However there will be some people who would. Cars speak to us on an emotional level. For me big american V8's sound great...but thats about it. Sure i'd love to own a Mustang GT one day. But its literally just for straight line speed. The car is too big for me, the interior too cheap, and doesnt feel as nimble as my S2000 even at twice the power.

End of the day we all like what we like. Whether or not you can justify it, doesnt really matter. As long as we can justify it for ourselves and enjoy what we have...whats wrong with that?
Appreciate 0