02-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #33
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
The 1LE runs on 305 section tires, not doubting its a quicker car than the M2C. I've driven with them on track many times when I had my M3. However you are not comparing apples to apples vs an M2C on 245/265 PSS.
So 1LE is 285 front, 305 rear. Manuafacturer's choice, so I don't see this as a real disadvantage for the M2C. In the end BMW decided what rubber should be on, knowing what the competitors pack. Also, it's hard enough for the M2 to break traction of those 265s in many driving scenarios in warm weather. Very much by design. The 1LE and the Mustang can both light the rears up at will through 3rd gear. Also by design. So you could also make the argument that those cars are under-tired, since they both put down about 412hp to the wheels. Well more than the M2C advertises at the crank.

Quote:
Sure a Mustang has more horsepower.. but take a look at the suspension components (basic stamped steel items), panel gaps, infotainment, interior quality.. not even factoring weight, size, practicality. I've driven basically every flavor of current mustang, including the GT350. The 350 is a riot no doubt, but once you remove the engine your still driving a huge, heavy, highly impractical car with horrid dealership experience.
Yes, larger physically, slightly heavier, the 1LE is 3685lbs to be clear, and the Mustang is over 3700, but in the end they move better than the lighter BMW. So mute point at best, and a complement to chassis tuning of Ford and Chevy at stalemate.

Quote:
Your only criteria for a car seems to be whether it has a V8 in it and how much it costs. If that's the case go buy whatever flavor of muscle car you like, however the fact you can't comprehend factors outside of that is a reflection on you not BMW. I think your posting on the wrong forum honestly..
This is where you're 100% right. You can not convince me that I-Drive (which I really like and appreciate by the way) and a few pieces of carbon fiber along with tri-color stitching is worth $20k premium. So it is a testament to me not believing that a certain logo on the hood is worth $15k and the interior is worth the other $5k. It took me 6 months of ownership to notice the dash piece on the passenger side is Carbon Fiber. And when i did I thought "huh, would be nice if it had extra 20hp instead."

For me it's performance, performance, performance and all the other bullshit comes last.

So you're right, I'm venting to the wrong crowd. I don't think I'm BMW's target market since I care about performance/value preposition above creature comforts.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 02-18-2020 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0